Striped Briar

Monday, June 16, 2014

Top: self-made/ Jeans: Zara/ Shoes: All Star Converse
Hello everyone! Sorry for the quietness around here these days. I finally finished my last project for my uni! I'm really happy and proud with the outcome. It's wonderful to see all those hard hours and sleepless days finally paying off! So this means more time for sewing and (hopefully) photographing my makes for the blog!

Over on this make now. If you followed me in Me-Made May this year, you'd have notice my love for Megan Nielsen's patterns. Megan's patterns are beautifully drafted and are perfect for everyday wear! As I've said before, as much as I love a fancy dress, I'm more of a jeans and tee kind of gal in an everyday wear basis. Enter the Briar sweater and t-shirt pattern! One of the things I dread more when sewing tees is the neckband. I get really frustrated when things just don't match! But Briar couldn't be further far from this scenario. Everything fits together amazingly well! This is my fourth Briar already and each one is equally awesome. For this one I cut a straight size M, no alterations needed, and used a soft, light-weight striped jersey fabric. It came together in less than two hours! I love makes like this. I actually sewed this one a while back, but being the lazy rat that I am, I left it unhemmed, making it one more unnecessary WIP in my ever-so-growing pile. It's been extremely hot right now here in Greece to wear it, but fear not, that when Autumn comes this baby is going to get a lot of action!

I hope you are not tired of stripes around here yet, because unfortunately for you, there are more striped makes coming your way. What can I say? An addiction, is an addiction!


What is your everyday wear style? Are you a dress to impress or a jeans and tee kind of gal?

You Might Also Like

0 comments